Community Service Funding Guidelines
As a general rule of thumb, IDEAL projects worthy of consideration for funds from Fig Garden Rotary Foundation:
- Project proposals equal to or exceeding $7,500 would be announced in both Avenues and at a regular Friday Rotary meeting prior to committee consideration of the proposal.
- Would represent an original idea coming from within our club.
- Would involve some specific type of capital equipment as opposed to operational expenses. Requests for operational funds will generally be denied.
- Would give members of our club opportunities for hands-on involvement.
- Would allow opportunities to call on a number of resources [i.e. discounts that members can obtain] in order to be creative in stretching the dollars we donate.
- Would involve some other “matching funds”, available from the organization we are assisting.
- Would provide long-term benefit.
- Would allow us the chance to follow up on the results of our donation.
- Would be payable (or furnish in-kind donations) to or on behalf of 501(c)3 eligible organizations.
- Requests for continuing projects will stand for review each Rotary year.
- Preferable projects are ones that are not already receiving help from other civic organizations (unless it is a joint project among several Rotary clubs).
- Organizations requesting funds should be willing to allow us to review their financial information should we so desire.